Running Up That Hill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
RPG Rating 3 2 3 Top RP Sites

I forgot my password

current time
October 2021
welcome
Back to school time! Professor Riddle is now Headmaster, and plenty of changes await Hogwarts students new and returning.
updates
latest posts
Lakeesha Miller
Cernunnos Largo / Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:26 pm
British Face Claim
Marisol Herrera / Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:56 pm
Birthday Masterlist
Aubrey Cartwright / Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:53 am
Claim a Badge!
Aubrey Cartwright / Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:51 am
Dorm List
Aubrey Cartwright / Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:47 am
Aubrey Cartwright
Hyacinth Macmillan / Wed Jul 05, 2023 6:16 pm
Sofia Tyler
Sofia Tyler / Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:39 pm
practice makes perfect [sibby]
Siobhan Finnigan / Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:34 pm
Marisol Herrera
Marisol Herrera / Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:55 am
Job Claims
Carmenita Santiago / Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:55 pm
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 396 on Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:49 pm
Top posters
James Potter (1659)
bon appetit ((burke family + invite)) - Page 2 Emptybon appetit ((burke family + invite)) - Page 2 Emptybon appetit ((burke family + invite)) - Page 2 Empty 
Alayna Rowle (914)
bon appetit ((burke family + invite)) - Page 2 Emptybon appetit ((burke family + invite)) - Page 2 Emptybon appetit ((burke family + invite)) - Page 2 Empty 
Louis Weasley (898)
Cherry Darling (685)
Carina Malfoy (677)
Lien Chang (634)
Hyacinth Macmillan (575)
Harrison Jetson (523)
Mackenzie Riddle (474)
Indigo Macmillan (458)

Credits
Skin made and designed by Xaria with the help of Necromancer Coding. The Switcheroo is by Monomer. Badges on the site were sourced from Flaticon on a premium subscription. Images used throughout the site are from Unsplash. The Harry Potter universe was created by JK Rowling and is co-owned by Warner Bros. No copyright infringement is intended.

bon appetit ((burke family + invite))

+10
Andrea Herrera
Scorpius Malfoy
Draco Malfoy
Cecelia Burke
Bellona Lestrange
Cousin Skeeter
Melanthius Burke
Minnie Bulstrode
Hector Burke
Millicent Bulstrode Burke
14 posters

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

bon appetit ((burke family + invite)) - Page 2 Empty bon appetit ((burke family + invite))

Post by Millicent Bulstrode Burke Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:33 pm

First topic message reminder :

After months of discussion and arrangement, Millicent and the family elves had gotten the manor in order and prepared to host a rather formal feast. Other than having her mother-in-law joining them, their future in-laws from Hector's arrangement were also slated to attend. She wasn't sure of the exact time yet, but she made sure there was plenty of time allotted time before and afterwards for chatting and leisure.

Millicent was sitting in the drawing room sipping a relaxing cup of Earl Grey. Surrounding her on the walls and throughout the room were various artifacts the Burkes had possessed for generations ranging from taxidermy dioramas, ancient vases with dried flowers, a magnificent harp that was playing a light tune, some family portraits, and one of the many libraries scattered throughout the property that tied the room together.

@Hector Burke @Melanthius Burke @Cecelia Burke @Minnie Bulstrode @Bellona Lestrange
Hospital Staff Member
Mini Ava :
bon appetit ((burke family + invite)) - Page 2 803e2f633e5de6aaa048eb108efd264ecd5e7c7b
Alias :
Xaria
Nickname :
Millie
Healer
sexual orientation :
Heterosexual
blood purity :
Half-blood
Face Claimpp :
Shirley Stoler
partner pic :
bon appetit ((burke family + invite)) - Page 2 912a3227effe938fd3cf062f50d89c9f1562d157
Slytherin
Graduated
Leo
Apparition
Married
Parent
Healer
Wealthy
Death Eater / Supporter
British

Back to top Go down

bon appetit ((burke family + invite)) - Page 2 Empty Re: bon appetit ((burke family + invite))

Post by Millicent Bulstrode Burke Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:50 pm

"Is that the case, Hector? I see..."

Had she gotten ill? That would explain it... Though, if that was the case, wouldn't he have just said so?

"Yes, we shall."

Looking towards the rest of the room, she stated, "Hector and I will be back. We have something to discuss."

She began heading out of the drawing room and towards the halls awaiting to hear what the matter was. Lowering her voice, Millicent raised an eyebrow. "Did she go to a friend's house without letting us know of her whereabouts?"

Naturally, her mind didn't jump to the right conclusion. To her, Cecelia was still the same little girl that somehow ended up in Hufflepuff.

@Hector Burke
Hospital Staff Member
Mini Ava :
bon appetit ((burke family + invite)) - Page 2 803e2f633e5de6aaa048eb108efd264ecd5e7c7b
Alias :
Xaria
Nickname :
Millie
Healer
sexual orientation :
Heterosexual
blood purity :
Half-blood
Face Claimpp :
Shirley Stoler
partner pic :
bon appetit ((burke family + invite)) - Page 2 912a3227effe938fd3cf062f50d89c9f1562d157
Slytherin
Graduated
Leo
Apparition
Married
Parent
Healer
Wealthy
Death Eater / Supporter
British

Back to top Go down

Hector Burke

bon appetit ((burke family + invite)) - Page 2 Empty Re: bon appetit ((burke family + invite))

Post by Hector Burke Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:04 am

"No..."

He wished she wouldn't guess.

"It's a lot more delicate than that."

The only thing he could do was come out with it, or she would likely get impatient. As much as he didn't wish to burden her with this sort of information, he wished for a cleaner conscience than the one he had now.

"Cecelia was bothering me yesterday as I did my books and things, and as I only wished to get on, I tried to dismiss her. It only made her manner brusque and obnoxious, until she declared something that would deeply offend me." He made sure to paint the picture exactly as he saw it, so there was always a possibility of it being an elaborate stunt. Still, he couldn't quite look at his Mother in the eyes when he murmured: "She said she had fornicated."

His eyes swept about the floor as he recalled the smugness in her delivery. It had haunted him through the night, to the point where he hadn't slept much at all.

"The manner of her countenance was something I had never witnessed before in Cecelia. It was as though she was proud of herself..."

@Millicent Bulstrode Burke
Shop Owner
Hector Burke
Mini Ava :
bon appetit ((burke family + invite)) - Page 2 Hectorgif01
Alias :
Violet
Nickname :
Hector
Borgin & Burkes Owner
sexual orientation :
Heterosexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Calam Lynch
partner pic :
bon appetit ((burke family + invite)) - Page 2 Hectorgif02
Graduated
Shop Worker / Owner
Slytherin
Virgo
Wealthy
British
Apparition
Of Age
Prefect
Favorite Season: Winter
Made 100 Posts
Engaged

Back to top Go down

Bellona Lestrange

Post by Bellona Lestrange Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:34 am

She was briefly aware of Minnie before meeting her, but her bizarre appearance and eccentric mannerisms were a lot to take in all at once. Bellona's eyes widened briefly, but as she took something from her pocket and gave it to her - a large bean or seed from what she could tell - her smile changed to a smirk.

"Thank you, Minnie," she said, moving her head slightly closer to her's to ask: "Is it a carnivorous plant seed? I rather like the ones that can devour the biggest pests."

The thought of having a plant at home that could swallow one of her siblings whole if they attempted to enter her room...

@Minnie Bulstrode
Slytherin Fifth Year
Bellona Lestrange
Mini Ava :
bon appetit ((burke family + invite)) - Page 2 Bellonagif02
Alias :
Violet
Nickname :
Bel
Student
sexual orientation :
Heterosexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Mia McKenna Bruce
partner pic :
bon appetit ((burke family + invite)) - Page 2 Thiusgif5
Slytherin
Scorpio
British
Elemental
Wealthy
Dating
Made 200 Posts
Has Freckles
Has a Familiar

Back to top Go down

Post by Millicent Bulstrode Burke Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:47 am

More delicate than that? What could Hector possibly mean by that?

All of her children were raised properly and sensibly. Other than some quirks and an unexpected sorting, Millicent liked to think that her children turned out rather well, even without some of her mother-in-law's meddling.

As Hector explained the situation to her, Millicent went from being actively attentive to his words to staring off into space as it sunk in what her daughter had done.

She was horrified. All her children knew the importance of waiting until marriage. Rowle and Nott were the latest case study to refer to in regards to the consequences of not waiting.

Furrowing her eyebrows, Millicent began to stomp towards the closest staircase. "Cecelia Ramona Bulstrode Burke! Come down here this instant!"

@Hector Burke @Cecelia Burke
Hospital Staff Member
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Xaria
Nickname :
Millie
Healer
sexual orientation :
Heterosexual
blood purity :
Half-blood
Face Claimpp :
Shirley Stoler
partner pic :
Slytherin
Graduated
Leo
Apparition
Married
Parent
Healer
Wealthy
Death Eater / Supporter
British

Back to top Go down

Minnie Bulstrode

Post by Minnie Bulstrode Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:55 am

"You're welcome, Bellonah!"

At least somebody appreciated her awesome gifts for once! She wasn't sure where she got it, but now people were going to realize how resourceful she was!

Grinning, Minnie tapped the seed, trying to see if she could figure out what kind of plant it was.

She couldn't.

"That's the fun part! We can find out once it's growing! Oooohooooo mystery seed!"

@Bellona Lestrange
Ministry/MACUSA Worker
Minnie Bulstrode
Mini Ava :
bon appetit ((burke family + invite)) - Page 2 Hatchet-face
Alias :
Xaria
Nickname :
Minnie
Witch Watcher
sexual orientation :
Pansexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Kim McGuire
Slytherin
Pisces
British
Apparition
Ministry Worker
Part-Veela

Back to top Go down

Melanthius Burke

Post by Melanthius Burke Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:39 am

While his girlfriend and his one relative talked, Thius walked over to his grandmother and sat beside her. Hector had managed to steer their mother away from the drawing room, so it was about time to hold up his end of their loosely-made plan to inform her about Cecelia...

"Grandmother? Have you heard the news yet regarding my Hogwarts status?" Thius wondered, glancing over at Bellona in admiration. His eyes were beginning to scan her entire body from top to bottom until he stopped himself. It was improper to be checking out his girlfriend around his grandmother...

His muscles were beginning to feel more tense. He didn't know how much of it was the yearning he was feeling deeply, that he couldn't act on at this stage in their courtship, for Bellona or the acute stresses Cecelia had brought onto him and Hector.
Slytherin Seventh Year
Melanthius Burke
Mini Ava :
bon appetit ((burke family + invite)) - Page 2 Ba81740caa8f7fa39a99f8ed0aa714a581e912a2
Alias :
Xaria
Nickname :
Thius
Student
sexual orientation :
Heterosexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Charlie Talbert
partner pic :
bon appetit ((burke family + invite)) - Page 2 7c4d182b6a8fee23908fc80cae0e0ceb2023b8aa
Slytherin
Scorpio
Head Boy
Club President
Dating
Favorite Subject: DADA
British
Apparition
Favorite Season: Autumn
Of Age
Wealthy
Plays Card Games
Made 300 Posts
A Romantic
Has a Scar

Back to top Go down

Cousin Skeeter

Post by Cousin Skeeter Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:52 am

As she enjoyed another cucumber slice, Acheflow turned over to her grandson with a wide smile. "Yes, I have, Melanthius. Your parents informed me of it after receiving the letter."

She was worried about him for quite a while. There was the counting, the fact he hid a lot to read and count more, his inability to conduct himself as seriously as Hector could, his lack of focus... Now, it appeared that the situation had quickly changed over the past year.

"Now that you're Head Boy, what will you be doing as a career?"

The last thing Acheflow desired was for any of her descendants to demean the Burke name by becoming freeloaders or pursuing a degenerate sector like some of the eldest Riddle children have been doing. Voldemort had to be rolling in his grave if he saw just a slither of what Matilda alone was up to.
NPC Account
Cousin Skeeter
Mini Ava :
bon appetit ((burke family + invite)) - Page 2 Source
Alias :
everyone
Nickname :
everybody
everything
sexual orientation :
every
blood purity :
transcends
Face Claimpp :
Cousin Skeeter
partner pic :
bon appetit ((burke family + invite)) - Page 2 52zOzn
NPC Account

Back to top Go down

Hector Burke

Post by Hector Burke Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:20 am

Hector grimaced.

He hoped that Grandmother hadn't heard that.

Perhaps he should have surmised that would be her reaction, but the sharp crack of her voice had him feeling ill-at-ease again. Whether it was just a lie to have him squirming, Cecelia was going to be in trouble one way or another. He took very little comfort in ratting her out, and was surprised to be feeling that way. Surely he should be thinking, first and foremost, about the family's reputation...

@Cecelia Burke
Shop Owner
Hector Burke
Mini Ava :
bon appetit ((burke family + invite)) - Page 2 Hectorgif01
Alias :
Violet
Nickname :
Hector
Borgin & Burkes Owner
sexual orientation :
Heterosexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Calam Lynch
partner pic :
bon appetit ((burke family + invite)) - Page 2 Hectorgif02
Graduated
Shop Worker / Owner
Slytherin
Virgo
Wealthy
British
Apparition
Of Age
Prefect
Made 100 Posts
Engaged

Back to top Go down

Bellona Lestrange

Post by Bellona Lestrange Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:31 am

"I'll let you know what happens. I have a pot on my bedroom windowsill that is dying to have something inside of it."

She wished that a carnivorous plant could chomp up Jeneva so she could have a friend like Minnie beside her. Things would be so much more entertaining, and interesting, instead of listening to the wails of a girl who thought visible cuticles were the greatest sin.

Also she would look a lot prettier next to Minnie.

Bellona looked over at Melanthius, who was speaking to his Grandmother. "I can see Melanthius's Grandmother holds him in high regard. Is he her favourite, do you think?" she asked Minnie.

@Minnie Bulstrode
Slytherin Fifth Year
Bellona Lestrange
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Violet
Nickname :
Bel
Student
sexual orientation :
Heterosexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Mia McKenna Bruce
partner pic :
Slytherin
Scorpio
British
Elemental
Wealthy
Dating
Made 200 Posts
Has Freckles
Has a Familiar

Back to top Go down

Minnie Bulstrode

Post by Minnie Bulstrode Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:43 am

Nodding excitedly, Minnie exclaimed, "I can't wait to see it!!! Want my crystal? Then you can update me while I'm catching criminals!"

Her next assignment had to be sometime soon; she was hoping to go to Spain or some other country for an extradition. She wanted to get some cool souvenirs she couldn't find in and around Britain!

"I think she does! Chefloo's a very sweet woman! She's my favorite not-mother-aunt-cousin!"

Unfortunately for her, Acheflow didn't feel the same way.

"She'll ask you lots of questions, but they're not scary! She was impressed that I'm a Witch Watcher!"

More like confounded.

@Bellona Lestrange
Ministry/MACUSA Worker
Minnie Bulstrode
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Xaria
Nickname :
Minnie
Witch Watcher
sexual orientation :
Pansexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Kim McGuire
Slytherin
Pisces
British
Apparition
Ministry Worker
Part-Veela

Back to top Go down

Melanthius Burke

Post by Melanthius Burke Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:54 am

"I do, actually, Grandmother. I plan on becoming a healer. I'm not quite sure in what particular specialty yet..."

Receiving a look of surprise from his grandmother, Thius elaborated, "It won't be on the clinical level, Grandmother. It'll solely be in the realm of research. I didn't realize how many intricacies the field had until a few months ago. There is a lot of literature out there for me to read on the history and advancements of the healing arts." That, to him, was a good thing. The sky was the limit for his ever-growing library and knowledge.

"I'll be attending university for it so I can have the most qualifications I could achieve."

And with a healing career, he can ensure he and Bellona would be able to live comfortably. Thius was thinking for the long-term now.
Slytherin Seventh Year
Melanthius Burke
Mini Ava :
bon appetit ((burke family + invite)) - Page 2 Ba81740caa8f7fa39a99f8ed0aa714a581e912a2
Alias :
Xaria
Nickname :
Thius
Student
sexual orientation :
Heterosexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Charlie Talbert
partner pic :
bon appetit ((burke family + invite)) - Page 2 7c4d182b6a8fee23908fc80cae0e0ceb2023b8aa
Slytherin
Scorpio
Head Boy
Club President
Dating
British
Apparition
Of Age
Wealthy
Plays Card Games
Made 300 Posts
A Romantic
Has a Scar

Back to top Go down

Bellona Lestrange

Post by Bellona Lestrange Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:12 am

"Chefloo?"

That couldn't have been her name. But what was her name? Drat - she had forgotten it. Thankfully she could just refer to her as Mrs Burke and it was probably more appropriate anyway.

Bellona was watching Melanthius in slight awe of him. The way he spoke so confidently, that he was eloquent and well-spoken, intelligent and fascinating. She felt a warmth radiating from her stomach to her chest, then became a brazier of fierce attraction and pride of being his girlfriend. In her mind she pictured holding his cheeks and stealing the breath from him in a hungry, salicious kiss...

Her cheeks were pink when she sighed vaguely, still swooning: "You can have my crystal contact..."

She held up her wrist where her crystal bracelet was attached.

@Minnie Bulstrode
Slytherin Fifth Year
Bellona Lestrange
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Violet
Nickname :
Bel
Student
sexual orientation :
Heterosexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Mia McKenna Bruce
partner pic :
Slytherin
Scorpio
British
Elemental
Wealthy
Dating
Made 200 Posts
Has Freckles
Has a Familiar

Back to top Go down

Minnie Bulstrode

Post by Minnie Bulstrode Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:19 am

"Yay! New crystal buddy!"

Pulling out the crystal necklace that was buried in the bust of her dress, Minnie held it against the crystal until their information had been exchanged. "You really likey my handsome cousin! I told Hector that he, Melanthius, and Cecelia could go on triple dates when she gets a boyfriend! Triiiiple date!"

She'd already forgotten the bombshell Cecelia had dropped.

@Bellona Lestrange
Ministry/MACUSA Worker
Minnie Bulstrode
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Xaria
Nickname :
Minnie
Witch Watcher
sexual orientation :
Pansexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Kim McGuire
Slytherin
Pisces
British
Apparition
Ministry Worker
Part-Veela

Back to top Go down

Cousin Skeeter

Post by Cousin Skeeter Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:36 am

Acheflow's concerns were remedied when he clarified that it wouldn't be on the clinical side. No patient would want to have someone with that particular issue treating them. It was less likely to draw negative attention to the family.

"That is well thought-out planning, Melanthius. What about your marks? Do you know what classes you'll be taking when you return to school?"

And there was still Bellona to talk to... She already had plenty of questions in mind ready to throw at her.
NPC Account
Cousin Skeeter
Mini Ava :
Alias :
everyone
Nickname :
everybody
everything
sexual orientation :
every
blood purity :
transcends
Face Claimpp :
Cousin Skeeter
partner pic :
NPC Account

Back to top Go down

Bellona Lestrange

Post by Bellona Lestrange Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:12 pm

"Yes..." she uttered wistfully, "I do."

When she had finally snapped back to reality at the mention of a triple date, Bellona's face was completely flushed.

"Do you think it would be impertinent if I went over to them?" she asked Minnie, glancing at Thius sat with his Grandmother. "She won't think I'm interrupting? I get the idea from her that I shouldn't really speak unless spoken to."

That was a rule she was willing to follow for anyone in Melanthius's family. Still, she didn't want to be perceived as meek. Perhaps a confident stride over to his Grandmother's chair would be seen as impressive?

@Minnie Bulstrode
Slytherin Fifth Year
Bellona Lestrange
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Violet
Nickname :
Bel
Student
sexual orientation :
Heterosexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Mia McKenna Bruce
partner pic :
Slytherin
Scorpio
British
Elemental
Wealthy
Dating
Made 200 Posts
Has Freckles
Has a Familiar

Back to top Go down

Melanthius Burke

Post by Melanthius Burke Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:31 pm

"Like last term, I am taking almost all NEWT-level classes."

He did need to start focusing more on herbology and potions so he could have more experience to transfer to a career.

Thius glanced back over at Bellona, whose blushing was making him feel absolutely flustered. His stomach was tying itself into knots then exploding like a grand display of fireworks.

So far, his and Hector's plan was working. Their grandmother hasn't noticed anything untoward yet.
Slytherin Seventh Year
Melanthius Burke
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Xaria
Nickname :
Thius
Student
sexual orientation :
Heterosexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Charlie Talbert
partner pic :
Slytherin
Scorpio
Head Boy
Club President
Dating
British
Apparition
Of Age
Wealthy
Plays Card Games
Made 300 Posts
A Romantic
Has a Scar

Back to top Go down

Minnie Bulstrode

Post by Minnie Bulstrode Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:38 pm

"I know what you could do, Bellonah!" Minnie replied enthusiastically, as her eyes fell onto one of the knick-knacks on the wall near Acheflow and Melanthius; she had to go check those out!

She started heading towards one of the shelves and pointed at the empty spot on the couch near where she was. "Lookey at this, Bellonah!" Her whisper was sort of louder than it should be. "It's a golden marmite! I find it sorta cute, do you?!!" Reaching out to it, Minnie received a shock that caused her hair to stand right up.

@Bellona Lestrange
Ministry/MACUSA Worker
Minnie Bulstrode
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Xaria
Nickname :
Minnie
Witch Watcher
sexual orientation :
Pansexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Kim McGuire
Slytherin
Pisces
British
Apparition
Ministry Worker
Part-Veela

Back to top Go down

Bellona Lestrange

Post by Bellona Lestrange Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:00 pm

Thinking this was all just an excuse to approach them, Bellona followed idly. She was watching Minnie as her head swerved here and there, but she didn't say anything in reply. When a shock wave frazzled through her hair though, she grimaced.

"Perhaps certain things in this house wish not to be touched," she uttered airily, thinking she probably got what was deserved.

Her eyes moved to Melanthius and his Grandmother, and a slight smile tugged the corner of her mouth.

"Pardon the intrusion," she said, but in a tone that had an air of mischief about it. To the contrary, she was thankful that Minnie allowed her to break into their conversation.

@Melanthius Burke
Slytherin Fifth Year
Bellona Lestrange
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Violet
Nickname :
Bel
Student
sexual orientation :
Heterosexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Mia McKenna Bruce
partner pic :
Slytherin
Scorpio
British
Elemental
Wealthy
Dating
Made 200 Posts
Has Freckles
Has a Familiar

Back to top Go down

Melanthius Burke

Post by Melanthius Burke Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:08 pm

He was simply telling his grandmother more specifics about the classes he was taking when he heard a loud shock nearby. Turning his head, he saw it was Minnie. Of bloody course.

Perhaps he should tell Ptolemy to charm items to be theft-proof... That would ensure he could spend the entire wedding enjoying it with Bellona instead of having to be responsible for Minnie. That would have to wait until later.

Seeing Bellona was closer to them, Thius reached out his hands to her. "Would you like to sit with us, Bellona? My grandmother has been wanting to learn more about you."

If he got the biggest challenge to gaining full approval out of the way, the rest of his family will be a piece of cake.

@Bellona Lestrange
Slytherin Seventh Year
Melanthius Burke
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Xaria
Nickname :
Thius
Student
sexual orientation :
Heterosexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Charlie Talbert
partner pic :
Slytherin
Scorpio
Head Boy
Club President
Dating
British
Apparition
Of Age
Wealthy
Plays Card Games
Made 300 Posts
A Romantic
Has a Scar

Back to top Go down

Cousin Skeeter

Post by Cousin Skeeter Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:32 pm

Her attention swiftly changed to Minnie and her even more frazzled appearance. She crossed her arms disapprovingly and gave her a stark look that could give a thousand cuts. "Minnie, get yourself washed up. You absolutely will not be at the table looking as if you were playing in a lightning storm!"

As expected, Minnie nodded and smiled at her compliantly, running off to get herself somewhat presentable looking.

Now that was addressed, Acheflow poured herself a cup of tea as she glanced at both her grandson and his girlfriend. "Yes, Bellona, come sit with us."

Getting a better look at her outfit, Acheflow nodded to herself, adding two sugar cubes to her cup of tea. It was certainly more conservative than some of the clothes she'd seen her peers wearing. Who made it acceptable for a young, pureblooded lady to wear dresses that barely covered the derriere?

"How exactly did the two of you meet?"

She was aware that they attend Hogwarts together, but that was about the extent of it. She didn't need to know the minutiae of the pureblood grapevine unless it was directly affecting her family.

@Bellona Lestrange
NPC Account
Cousin Skeeter
Mini Ava :
Alias :
everyone
Nickname :
everybody
everything
sexual orientation :
every
blood purity :
transcends
Face Claimpp :
Cousin Skeeter
partner pic :
NPC Account

Back to top Go down

Bellona Lestrange

Post by Bellona Lestrange Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:53 pm

Bellona took her boyfriend's hands, feeling giddy and weightless as she looked into his deep brown eyes. Smiling at him as his Grandmother smited Minnie, Bellona used his hands as a pivot to turn and take a seat next to him. Although they were sat closely, they weren't brushing sides. She had released his hands.

"Thank you," she said, clearly flattered.

Grandmother Burke was slim, with a square jaw and no visible jowls. Her hair was permed as tight as her mouth. Bellona liked her sternness, her frankness: anything Bellona said that she didn't like would be met with clear disapproval. Far from making her feel nervous, however, she was rather grateful for it. At least she'd be made aware of the boundaries and what it meant to cross them now before... things got any deeper.

"We had known one another as aquaintances in Slytherin house," she explained, "But we started to talk more when I had seen how sickly Melanthius can get. He was having a rough time in the common room one day, so I tried to cool him down. I didn't like how others used to ignore him like that - I thought it was unkind."

She smiled slightly.

"And from there he invited me to duelling club, taught me a great deal of spells and tricks in defensive magic, and we bonded quickly from there."

It was strange how she'd never thought about how they had met before now. Things just seemed to happen naturally.
Slytherin Fifth Year
Bellona Lestrange
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Violet
Nickname :
Bel
Student
sexual orientation :
Heterosexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Mia McKenna Bruce
partner pic :
Slytherin
Scorpio
British
Elemental
Wealthy
Dating
Made 200 Posts
Has Freckles
Has a Familiar

Back to top Go down

Cousin Skeeter

Post by Cousin Skeeter Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:22 pm

Nodding to herself, Acheflow sipped her tea as she examined both of their conducts and the response Bellona was giving her thus far. So far, so good. They weren't touching each other inappropriately nor was she hearing anything to raise alarm bells. Although she was concerned that she wouldn't be right for the family due to the Lestranges' reputation, her heart was already feeling warmed by some nurturing qualities that were on display with her answer.

When she interrogated his mother all of those years ago, that ended up being a category she spent much of the time testing her with. Millicent didn't come off the most maternal to her at meeting. In retrospect, it was a major relief that she allowed such a risk to be taken. It could've gone so wrong had she not persisted...

"What were some of the spells he had taught you then?" she wondered, pouring them both some tea in case they desired any. "Did the two of you have any classes together?"

As she wanted her to answer honestly, Acheflow wanted to cultivate a comfortable environment before pressing her with the more difficult questions.

@Bellona Lestrange
NPC Account
Cousin Skeeter
Mini Ava :
Alias :
everyone
Nickname :
everybody
everything
sexual orientation :
every
blood purity :
transcends
Face Claimpp :
Cousin Skeeter
partner pic :
NPC Account

Back to top Go down

Bellona Lestrange

Post by Bellona Lestrange Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:36 pm

"He taught me how to cast a good shield charm, which I won't be learning in classes until this year coming. He also taught me a weather-modifying charm and how to use my ice elemental abilities with other types of magic. There were lots of things he taught me that were of a fifth- or sixth-year level, although I'm not quite as able as he is. Yet."

That probably answered her question with the classes.

"I'm only just progressing to fifth year, so we won't have classes together."

Perhaps she was being overconfident right now. Her back was straight and her shoulders were back. There wasn't anything to fear from Mrs Burke, because she was Bellona Lestrange.

Slytherin Fifth Year
Bellona Lestrange
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Violet
Nickname :
Bel
Student
sexual orientation :
Heterosexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Mia McKenna Bruce
partner pic :
Slytherin
Scorpio
British
Elemental
Wealthy
Dating
Made 200 Posts
Has Freckles
Has a Familiar

Back to top Go down

Cousin Skeeter

Post by Cousin Skeeter Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:48 pm

"Ice elemental abilities?"

Hm, that was something quite unusual. It certainly wasn't as common as some of the other abilities she'd expect the possibility of coming across when it came to her offspring and their offspring's choice of mates.

Acheflow examined Melanthius' reactions to what Bellona was saying, and he was like a little puppy dog eagerly looking at his owner for a treat. Never had she witnessed someone look so lovesick to such an extent...

"Do you have any siblings? How are they? What are they like?"

Everyone in the wziarding world but the mudbloods were aware of how numerous the Lestranges were; they and the Weasleys might as well have been competing to dominate the blood pool. However, Acheflow was curious to find out how Bellona discussed them and how she perceived them. Was there loyalty that would be translated to the house of Burke?

@Bellona Lestrange
NPC Account
Cousin Skeeter
Mini Ava :
Alias :
everyone
Nickname :
everybody
everything
sexual orientation :
every
blood purity :
transcends
Face Claimpp :
Cousin Skeeter
partner pic :
NPC Account

Back to top Go down

Bellona Lestrange

Post by Bellona Lestrange Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:41 pm

Bellona nodded, ensuring she kept good eye contact with her. Looking at the tea that had been poured out for them, she leaned forward and took the cup and the saucer, now sipping quietly.

"I have three. My youngest sister Lucina has the same ability, which we inherited from our Mother. Lucina is gentle and kind, and has a big imagination. Her undeveloped abilities were erratic as a child and they led to mortally wounding a boy, so she has suffered a lot from that." It probably wasn't something she should be talking about over tea, but she had this feeling that these sorts of things would be dug out anyway. There was a lot of media coverage about it at the time. "The other two are older, and have left Hogwarts. We get along fairly well, but I admit I have a soft spot for Lucina in particular."

She put her cup back down into her saucer.

"You may know that I have half-siblings as well. Some of them I get on with, others I don't so much. It's a big house of big personalities."
Slytherin Fifth Year
Bellona Lestrange
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Violet
Nickname :
Bel
Student
sexual orientation :
Heterosexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Mia McKenna Bruce
partner pic :
Slytherin
Scorpio
British
Elemental
Wealthy
Dating
Made 200 Posts
Has Freckles
Has a Familiar

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next