Running Up That Hill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
RPG Rating 3 2 3 Top RP Sites

I forgot my password

current time
October 2021
welcome
Back to school time! Professor Riddle is now Headmaster, and plenty of changes await Hogwarts students new and returning.
updates
latest posts
Lakeesha Miller
Cernunnos Largo / Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:26 pm
British Face Claim
Marisol Herrera / Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:56 pm
Birthday Masterlist
Aubrey Cartwright / Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:53 am
Claim a Badge!
Aubrey Cartwright / Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:51 am
Dorm List
Aubrey Cartwright / Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:47 am
Aubrey Cartwright
Hyacinth Macmillan / Wed Jul 05, 2023 6:16 pm
Sofia Tyler
Sofia Tyler / Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:39 pm
practice makes perfect [sibby]
Siobhan Finnigan / Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:34 pm
Marisol Herrera
Marisol Herrera / Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:55 am
Job Claims
Carmenita Santiago / Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:55 pm
Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 396 on Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:49 pm
Top posters
James Potter (1659)
sorting hat experiences Emptysorting hat experiences Emptysorting hat experiences Empty 
Alayna Rowle (914)
sorting hat experiences Emptysorting hat experiences Emptysorting hat experiences Empty 
Louis Weasley (898)
Cherry Darling (685)
Carina Malfoy (677)
Lien Chang (634)
Hyacinth Macmillan (575)
Harrison Jetson (523)
Mackenzie Riddle (474)
Indigo Macmillan (458)

Credits
Skin made and designed by Xaria with the help of Necromancer Coding. The Switcheroo is by Monomer. Badges on the site were sourced from Flaticon on a premium subscription. Images used throughout the site are from Unsplash. The Harry Potter universe was created by JK Rowling and is co-owned by Warner Bros. No copyright infringement is intended.

sorting hat experiences

2 posters

Go down

James Potter

sorting hat experiences Empty sorting hat experiences

Post by James Potter Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:50 pm

((as these are all spread across diff years and only my chars, it's a dev thread lol))

Ever since he got the letter from Hogwarts, James had been ecstatic to be sorted and attend school with the rest of his relatives that were already there waiting for him. He was among the sea of other first years as they were let into the Great Hall to await sorting. James looked around in amazement seeing all of the older students that were sitting there. He began to stand on his tip-toes to see if he could spot any of his cousins. Was that Vic he saw over in Ravenclaw? It was!

He watched as his fellow classmates stepped on the stool one-by-one until it had gotten to him; there were some names he didn't necessarily like such as Burke or Lestrange, but they were far away from Gryffindor, the house he expected to be in.

"Potter, James," Professor McGonagall called as the entire Great Hall looked towards him in great anticipation. He was the Potter heir, after all. It felt so cool that everyone was looking forward to knowing what house he was going to be in.

James walked towards the stool with a wide smile on his face, waving at a few of his cousins. Once he jumped on the stool, the hat was slowly lowered onto his head. It only touched just a tiny bit of hair when it announced, "GRYFFINDOR!"

Excitedly, he got up and ran to join the Gryffindor table beside his cousin, Fred, who immediately fist bumped him. Many of his new housemates were already clamoring to talk to him and it felt amazing. He was looking forward to the rest of term.
Adult
James Potter
Mini Ava :
sorting hat experiences 73a7d88e9d553d6aa704eb66e83080a11ca4d037
Alias :
xaria
Nickname :
jamesy
stay at home dad
sexual orientation :
homosexual
blood purity :
half-blood
Face Claimpp :
Shaun Ryder
partner pic :
sorting hat experiences Tumblr_inline_o0x0h7Zhwz1t5d5ze_250
Gryffindor
Capricorn
British
Dropped Out
Parselmouth
Dating
Of Age
Pride Flag
Philosophical
Studies Dark Magic
Hedonist
Likes Partying
Favorite Subject: Music
Impulsive
A Romantic
Plays Guitar
Apparition
Made 1.5k+ Posts
Wealthy
Favorite Season: Spring
Parent
Likes Food

Back to top Go down

Melanthius Burke

sorting hat experiences Empty Re: sorting hat experiences

Post by Melanthius Burke Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:14 pm

"Burke, Melanthius."

Thius emerged from the crowd of first years and gracefully made his way over to the Sorting Hat; to him, this was bound to be a speedy affair. His family was full of Slytherins, so it was only natural that he would join them. Why wouldn't he also be among the many people he's known his entire life?

He sat down and brushed off his robe with a wide smirk on his face. Any moment now, he'd be joining his older brother and their peers in Slytherin...

"You're very intelligent, Melanthius, your mind is fertile."

"Thank you," he responded, finding that he didn't need to speak out loud to the hat at all.

"I see you're hard-working and determined, just like your brother. A knack for getting out of sticky situations? Very useful skill. Hmn? What's this? You think out-of-the-box, I think you'd succeed in Ravenclaw."

Thius squinted his eyes and raised an eyebrow. Was the hat malfunctioning? "Ravenclaw?"

"Not Ravenclaw then?"

"Why would I ever want to be in Ravenclaw? All of my friends and family are in Slytherin."

"In Ravenclaw, you'll be able to make like-minded friends who love to learn and find answers to the world they live in."

"My brother is in Slytherin. My parents were Slytherins, my grandfather and his ancestors were all in Slytherin."

"You possess an open mind. That's a good trait to have,a trait best suited for Ravenclaw."

"I know I'm smart, however, it musn't mean I must be in Ravenclaw."

"You also possess a stubborn mind."

Thius thought he'd already be sitting with his brother and Ptolemy, but he remained under the hat as it deliberated which house he'd be in.

"You'd do fine in Slytherin, but Ravenclaw will allow you to broaden your horizons in the quest for truth. Ravenclaw would help you quench that thirst for knowledge."

"There is no reason for me to be in a different house than everyone I'm close to. Please just let me be in Slytherin..."

"Are you sure?"

"I am quite sure of it."

"Very well then... You'll find your true friends in SLYTHERIN!"

After what felt like eternity, Thius got up from the stool with a wide smile on his face as he walked over to the table to join his fellow Slytherins.
Slytherin Seventh Year
Melanthius Burke
Mini Ava :
sorting hat experiences Ba81740caa8f7fa39a99f8ed0aa714a581e912a2
Alias :
Xaria
Nickname :
Thius
Student
sexual orientation :
Heterosexual
blood purity :