Running Up That Hill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
RPG Rating 3 2 3 Top RP Sites

I forgot my password

current time
October 2021
welcome
Back to school time! Professor Riddle is now Headmaster, and plenty of changes await Hogwarts students new and returning.
updates
latest posts
Lakeesha Miller
Cernunnos Largo / Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:26 pm
British Face Claim
Marisol Herrera / Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:56 pm
Birthday Masterlist
Aubrey Cartwright / Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:53 am
Claim a Badge!
Aubrey Cartwright / Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:51 am
Dorm List
Aubrey Cartwright / Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:47 am
Aubrey Cartwright
Hyacinth Macmillan / Wed Jul 05, 2023 6:16 pm
Sofia Tyler
Sofia Tyler / Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:39 pm
practice makes perfect [sibby]
Siobhan Finnigan / Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:34 pm
Marisol Herrera
Marisol Herrera / Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:55 am
Job Claims
Carmenita Santiago / Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:55 pm
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 396 on Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:49 pm
Top posters
James Potter (1659)
coming of age ceremony ((hermione/one-shot)) Emptycoming of age ceremony ((hermione/one-shot)) Emptycoming of age ceremony ((hermione/one-shot)) Empty 
Alayna Rowle (914)
coming of age ceremony ((hermione/one-shot)) Emptycoming of age ceremony ((hermione/one-shot)) Emptycoming of age ceremony ((hermione/one-shot)) Empty 
Louis Weasley (898)
Cherry Darling (685)
Carina Malfoy (677)
Lien Chang (634)
Hyacinth Macmillan (575)
Harrison Jetson (523)
Mackenzie Riddle (474)
Indigo Macmillan (458)

Credits
Skin made and designed by Xaria with the help of Necromancer Coding. The Switcheroo is by Monomer. Badges on the site were sourced from Flaticon on a premium subscription. Images used throughout the site are from Unsplash. The Harry Potter universe was created by JK Rowling and is co-owned by Warner Bros. No copyright infringement is intended.

coming of age ceremony ((hermione/one-shot))

Go down

James Potter

coming of age ceremony ((hermione/one-shot)) Empty coming of age ceremony ((hermione/one-shot))

Post by James Potter Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:20 am

James was told to look for his godmother and aunt to have a very serious talk before the new year. He was, admittedly, nervous as he had absolutely no idea what this discussion of sorts would entail. He went to the more "behind the scenes" area where he figured Hermione would be waiting around for him.

There she was. Approaching his aunt, James waved and exchanged a sheepish wave. "Hey, aunt 'Mione." Hermione wrapped him in an embrace as she lead him to a more private area for their talk.

"James, as you'll be of age in a week, I feel as if it is my duty to advise you on how to be a responsible adult. I know you're a young man who likes to have fun, but you have to seriously think about your future so you can succeed."

He blinked listening to his aunt. That talk? "Oh, uh, yeah! I'll be real with ya, I haven't really considered any career paths or looked around at universities..."

Hermione gave a small frown as she squeezed his hands. "Well, you need to start looking into it very soon, alright? I suggest you think of something you really love and pursue it. Stay true to yourself."

"What if dad would look down upon it?"

"Unfortunately, that's something I can't solve too much. I'd have a heart-to-heart talk with him during one of your upcoming breaks or on a Hogsmeade weekend. Don't get too angry with him. He's only looking out for you."

James sighed as he briefly looked away from Hermione. "Then why do I always feel a need to conceal around him? If he knew of half the stuff I got involved in, he'd kill me!"

She gave him a soft, reassuring smile. "You two are of different times," she began while squeezing her nephew's hands even tighter. "It's a matter of finding common ground and showing to Har- your father that whatever you want to pursue would make you happy. Have him comprehend that you have your own path and he has his. I know you've always felt a pressure just for existing, but don't let that bring you down."

"That's easier than it sounds..."

"It always is, but I know you're capable of overcoming it. I must return to work, but please remember to stay true to yourself, pursue what resonates the greatest with your heart, and be grateful for the people and opportunities in your life. Be grateful for every minute you get to spend with your loved ones. Don't take life for granted."

"I will."
Adult
James Potter
Mini Ava :
coming of age ceremony ((hermione/one-shot)) 73a7d88e9d553d6aa704eb66e83080a11ca4d037
Alias :
xaria
Nickname :
jamesy
stay at home dad
sexual orientation :
homosexual
blood purity :
half-blood
Face Claimpp :
Shaun Ryder
partner pic :
coming of age ceremony ((hermione/one-shot)) Tumblr_inline_o0x0h7Zhwz1t5d5ze_250
Gryffindor
Capricorn
British
Dropped Out
Parselmouth
Dating
Of Age
Pride Flag
Philosophical
Studies Dark Magic
Hedonist
Likes Partying