Running Up That Hill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
RPG Rating 3 2 3 Top RP Sites

I forgot my password

current time
October 2021
welcome
Back to school time! Professor Riddle is now Headmaster, and plenty of changes await Hogwarts students new and returning.
updates
latest posts
Lakeesha Miller
Cernunnos Largo / Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:26 pm
British Face Claim
Marisol Herrera / Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:56 pm
Birthday Masterlist
Aubrey Cartwright / Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:53 am
Claim a Badge!
Aubrey Cartwright / Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:51 am
Dorm List
Aubrey Cartwright / Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:47 am
Aubrey Cartwright
Hyacinth Macmillan / Wed Jul 05, 2023 6:16 pm
Sofia Tyler
Sofia Tyler / Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:39 pm
practice makes perfect [sibby]
Siobhan Finnigan / Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:34 pm
Marisol Herrera
Marisol Herrera / Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:55 am
Job Claims
Carmenita Santiago / Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:55 pm
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 396 on Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:49 pm
Top posters
James Potter (1659)
Walks and Meetings ( Amber ) EmptyWalks and Meetings ( Amber ) EmptyWalks and Meetings ( Amber ) Empty 
Alayna Rowle (914)
Walks and Meetings ( Amber ) EmptyWalks and Meetings ( Amber ) EmptyWalks and Meetings ( Amber ) Empty 
Louis Weasley (898)
Cherry Darling (685)
Carina Malfoy (677)
Lien Chang (634)
Hyacinth Macmillan (575)
Harrison Jetson (523)
Mackenzie Riddle (474)
Indigo Macmillan (458)

Credits
Skin made and designed by Xaria with the help of Necromancer Coding. The Switcheroo is by Monomer. Badges on the site were sourced from Flaticon on a premium subscription. Images used throughout the site are from Unsplash. The Harry Potter universe was created by JK Rowling and is co-owned by Warner Bros. No copyright infringement is intended.

Walks and Meetings ( Amber )

Go down

Walks and Meetings ( Amber ) Empty Walks and Meetings ( Amber )

Post by Guest Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:30 pm

Teddy had been pretty excited that his years of Hogwarts, had finally came to a close. Even though he was still going to miss everyone. Since during his years of Hogwarts he had made many friends who helped him forget about his parents. Leaving the eighteen year old to take a trip to Diagon Alley, since it was a nice day out as he looked at his outfit which was a pair of slim jeans, a nice button down, a pair of leather dress shoes . He loved dressing in decent clothing, since he found it to be improper of some men to just dress whatever.

Even though he had been one to dress like that at times, leaving him to resume walking down to Diagon Alley. Looking at students who were just here to stop, even though letters had more than likely not been released yet. Since he remembered his surrogate family talking about how they never received any letters. Then again he found that Headmistress Shaw, had been working which was very good for her.

Soon leaving to begin walking and soon running into someone and saying, " I am so sorry " he said hoping he would not be yelled at.

Back to top Go down

Walks and Meetings ( Amber ) Empty Re: Walks and Meetings ( Amber )

Post by Guest Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:21 pm

Amber had wandered with her father for the past two hours, and even she knew that it was simply so that he could introduce her to his shady friends. Which was fine, as they were all completely polite to her, but she only wished that she could be finally getting some of her pre-school shopping done. She'd outgrown some of her school clothes, and she desperately needed some ingredients to replenish the small trunk of potions that she usually took to Hogwarts during the school year.

It wasn't until half an hour later that she finally managed to escape. She bid her father a good afternoon and headed out of Knockturn Alley, into the much brighter and happier place that was Diagon. She took three quick steps down the alley before even looking where she was going and walked straight into someone. If she'd had something in her hands, she'd have probably dropped it, but otherwise it was only enough to cause her to stumble. "No, no," she said dismissively as she steadied herself with a light grip on his arm, "I wasn't watching where I was going."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:47 pm

Teddy had his mind on his girlfriend as he had not realized where he was going, and soon watching as the person that he stumbled into. Soon looking as he soon listened as the person looked and he saw the girl looked somewhat familiar, and he soon looked, and he said. " Well it is fine, and I am Teddy. " said Teddy. Since he was wondering who she was, then soon he thought about his girlfriend.

Then soon he looked, and he said. " What brings you to Diagon Alley? " he wondered since he was here just looking around and soon he looked and he wondered. Since he knew that one place he had enjoyed was Diagon Alley, and he soon looked, and he said. " This is a nice place too, more cheerful than Knockturn Alley. " he said with a smile.

Soon looking and wondering, and he said. " Have your ever been to Knockturn Alley, pretty shady place I think. I know it is a hot spot for crime since it filled of dark arts. " looking and knowing he sounded very stupid with his talk. Then soon he looked, and he said. " I am so sorry I am babbling. " said Teddy with a smile.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:08 pm

Amber soon realised that she hadn't even apologised herself, and although not necessarily always nice, she was always as polite as was practical. "I'm sorry," she added, offering a weak smile, "I'm Amber. You were at Hogwarts last year, right?" She recognised the boy, and after hearing his name she knew enough to pinpoint his last name and former house.

"Shopping," she answered quickly, before sighing and adding, "my dad dragged me, and now I am shopping for school just to get away from him. What about you?" Her gaze flicked back to the entrance way to Knockturn and she had to agree. She didn't hate Knockturn, per say, but she did prefer the brightness of the main alley. The only benefit that Knockturn had for her was its limited sunlight.

Amber nodded at his question about whether she'd ever been into Knockturn, and she nodded sheepishly. "I just came from there, actually," she said, "it's the main place that my dad buys things. It's okay, your not rambling too badly. Have you ever been in there?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:22 pm

Soon looking at the girl who he soon heard name was Amber, and he said. " It nice to meet you Amber. Yes I was as a matter of fact, and also head boy. And hoping that the position of head boy isn't mucked up by someone. " said Teddy. Even though he had no clue who the hell the head boy was going to be, or the head girl. Although Teddy had full trust in Headmistress Shaw that she would chose the right match for the job.

" I am guessing you go to Hogwarts too, would it be too much for me to ask if perhaps you graduated or do you still have a couple of years left? " asked Teddy kindly. Since he knew a few of his family friends had been in their seventh year. " It just I have some family that still is in Hogwarts, well their actually my surrogate family. " said Teddy. Which was the truth the Potters and Weasley were basically his family. And he always had a strong love for Harry and Ginny who he sometimes considered them his parents, even though his grandmother was an amazing to, and had always supported him.

Then soon looking with a smile, and he said. " Well I guess I can't say their my surrogate family if my girlfriend is one of them. Let just say they played a huge part in my life, how about you what is your family like. Since it amazing to know what other families are like aside from mine of course. " said Teddy.

" Also if your wondering my parents are both dead. " said Teddy since he never knew his parents, but his siblings did.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:11 pm

Amber eyed the boy for a moment, releasing his arm once she was sure she wasn't going to fall. "Nice to meet you too," she finally replied with a smile, "I knew I recognised you from somewhere! I'm sure that the Headmistress will choose wisely." Amber was not yet sure on who had been chosen as the student heads of the school, but their Headmistress wasn't stupid. She wouldn't choose people who wouldn't do it right.

"Yes," the Slytherin replied, smiling, "I go to Hogwarts. And not at all. I'm a seventh year this coming term. It's sort of exciting, really, to be starting my last year." Amber tilted her head slightly when he mentioned his family- or people whom he considered to behind family. She was interested to know who he meant and if she knew them. She had never really paid a lot of attention to other people and their families, especially if they were in a different house.

Amber found herself faltering slightly at his question about her family. It was not something that she particularly enjoys talking about, but she figured that Teddy seemed like he was nice enough. "My family is.. small," she started slowly, "just me and my father. We aren't exactly close, but he's all I have. I would love to have a big family, even if not biologically related. You're lucky."

When he said that his parents were dead, she wondered for a moment why he brought it up. They were talking about families, she supposed, and it was easier to get it out of the way. "I don't even know my mother's name," she said, "it's not the same, I know, but yeah.."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:22 pm

Teddy had been a head boy who never let anyone get away with anything stupid, since his belief is one stupid thing could lead to several more stupid things. Even though he had been one to give warnings to several others as well since he wanted to give warnings to others, and soon looking and he said. " Yeah some students probably hated me as head boy, since stupdity is one of my least favorite things. " which was true he hated stupidness. He believed that one has a brain and better use it.

" Weird feeling isn't that time tends to go by so fast. It like we were first years yesterday, if you do know what I am getting at. " he smiled. Since he believed time went by so fast, and that yesterday he was a first year and now he had just recently graduated from Hogwarts and now set to attend the university in the fall. Which he wanted to continue his education and become heroes just like his parents were.

Since he did look up to them, and loved to hear stories of them. Then soon looking, and he said. " Every family is good whether small or big. Since I believe every family should be close since one day they will not be their for you, and you should make the most out of them. " in many cases he wished he had. Even though he knew his parents were smiling down on him and knowing that he is doing his best to them proud.

" I believe that DNA doesn't make a family, but love does. " smiled Teddy, since love was stronger than DNA. Any emotion was stronger than any sort of thing in human nature, and emotions are more powerful than some people knew. Which resulted in people sulking more than actually living life, and making the most out of their short time.

Soon looking, and he said. " Well my surrogate family can be rowdy to since so many personailties crashing it is kind of amazing. Even though my surrogate brothers well god-brothers I try to keep them in line. Since one of them is not exactly the person you wan't to come across with. " smiled Teddy.

" That is horrible, I am sure your mother's name was amazing, the one thing I know about my parents is they died trying to protect everyone, and make this place a better place to live instead of having it be plagued with the corruption and killing the death eaters caused under Voldemort's name. " said Teddy with a smile.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:59 pm

"Ah, but does that not make you a good head boy?" she said, "if they don't hate you, then you're not doing your job properly." It was a joke, but at the same time it was the truth. It was hard to be in a position of authority and please everyone. "Besides, if they did they right thing, they had nothing to worry about," she added.

Amber smiled and nodded, completely agreeing. "It honestly feels like this year should only be my second," she said, "I don't really want for school to be almost over just yet, but I'm also excited to see what happens after school." She had every intention of going to university the next year, to study potions and healing. They were the two fields that interested her the most.

"Unfortunately, my father wouldn't agree with you," she said, her tone rather soft, "he has more important things to worry about, and I've learned to not let it bother me." The house elves cared for her more than her father did, and she knew it. She's learned to just live her life and let him live his. When she was little she would try and get his attention, but she gave up by the time she was old enough to play on her own.

Amber nodded, though she had never actually experienced such a family. "You're right," she said, "your family can be what you make it." Maybe someday Amber would find a family, or make her own, but for the time being she was fine on her own.

"There are plenty of people who clash," she said, "sometimes it's not a bad thing at all. Tends to make thing more interesting, really." She considered his words about his parents, and she decided being honest now was better than revealing later. "My parents were Death Eaters," she finally admitted, "that's what I know about my mother. That, and she ran away just after I was born. I've imagined everything else possible, but my father won't say a word about her, so I have nothing concrete. "You're lucky to have something to be proud of," she said with a sad smile.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:55 pm

Teddy looked at Amber with a smile, and he said. " True, and I know Headmistress Shaw knows what she is doing. Since I think she is probably one of the best teachers I ever had, and I know to trust her judgement. " smiled Teddy. He admired the headmistress who had made it a point to get to know her students unlike some professors who just were there, because that was there job.

" Well that why we have to live the most out of our lives, since living is more important than anything. " smiled Teddy. Soon looking, and he said. " You could say it starting the next chapter of your life. " which he knew was true. And he had the privilege of having the chance to have a full Hogwarts career with no trouble. And he had two amazing headmistresses in the process, and he looked, and he said. " We should thank our teachers too for being the ones who helped us with our career. " smiled Teddy.

Soon looking and saying, " I am sure many old fashioned wizards would disagree with me, since I just know from experiance that not everyone shares the same view as you. " smiled Teddy which was true, since he knew many students ignored him, and found him to be too much of a good person for their amusement.

" It isn't a bad thing at all, it makes for so much amusement, and you learn so much from the people you come across in your everyday life. " said Teddy with a smiling. Then soon looking, and saying. " I am sorry about your family, and if I am to be honest. Those death eaters who fleed are just plain stupid. Your father should tell you, and I was lucky enough to have people tell me the truth of my family. " smiled Teddy.

Which was the truth, since he was lucky, and he soon looked, and said. " Also my surrogate family is the Potter's and Weasley. " smiled Teddy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:26 am

"I do quite enjoy her lessons," Amber agreed with a grin, "and she seems do have done a great job with the school since she took over." Even her ever-stoic father admitted that Headmistress Shaw was a good head for the school. Amber had always gotten along quite well with her, too, which helped her opinion.

The red head had to agree with him, considering she had put so much focus on her future to stop herself from dwelling on her present. "I'm hoping to get into university," she explained, "and then decide on my two options after that. I also look forward to moving out." She didn't want to live in the house that should have been her home for any longer than she had to, and if she didn't happen to be accepted at university, she would simply get a job in order to get her own place.

"Yes, but the world is changing," she replied easily, "and they either have to adapt to this new world, or die in their old one. That's just the way it is, and it's always been that way. Things have always been changing, it was just never obvious to them until now." The girl flushed at her brief rambling, but smiled anyway.

Amber sighed, and shrugged half-heartedly. "I can't change the past, nor my family. So long as I don't follow them, then I've done all that I can. It's taken me a long time to accept that." It was very true- that she couldn't force her father to change his ways, nor could she bring her mother back. "He won't, and I stopped caring some time ago," she admitted, "if my mother cared, she would be here. But she doesn't, and so nor shall I."

The Slytherin raised an eyebrow at the mention of who families that she- and the rest of the Wizarding world- knew of very well. "You're much easier to get along with than other members of your surrogate family, then," she said, smiling in amusement.

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down