Running Up That Hill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
RPG Rating 3 2 3 Top RP Sites

I forgot my password

current time
October 2021
welcome
Back to school time! Professor Riddle is now Headmaster, and plenty of changes await Hogwarts students new and returning.
updates
latest posts
Lakeesha Miller
Cernunnos Largo / Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:26 pm
British Face Claim
Marisol Herrera / Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:56 pm
Birthday Masterlist
Aubrey Cartwright / Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:53 am
Claim a Badge!
Aubrey Cartwright / Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:51 am
Dorm List
Aubrey Cartwright / Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:47 am
Aubrey Cartwright
Hyacinth Macmillan / Wed Jul 05, 2023 6:16 pm
Sofia Tyler
Sofia Tyler / Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:39 pm
practice makes perfect [sibby]
Siobhan Finnigan / Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:34 pm
Marisol Herrera
Marisol Herrera / Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:55 am
Job Claims
Carmenita Santiago / Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:55 pm
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 396 on Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:49 pm
Top posters
James Potter (1659)
Blissful Silence (Josh) EmptyBlissful Silence (Josh) EmptyBlissful Silence (Josh) Empty 
Alayna Rowle (914)
Blissful Silence (Josh) EmptyBlissful Silence (Josh) EmptyBlissful Silence (Josh) Empty 
Louis Weasley (898)
Cherry Darling (685)
Carina Malfoy (677)
Lien Chang (634)
Hyacinth Macmillan (575)
Harrison Jetson (523)
Mackenzie Riddle (474)
Indigo Macmillan (458)

Credits
Skin made and designed by Xaria with the help of Necromancer Coding. The Switcheroo is by Monomer. Badges on the site were sourced from Flaticon on a premium subscription. Images used throughout the site are from Unsplash. The Harry Potter universe was created by JK Rowling and is co-owned by Warner Bros. No copyright infringement is intended.

Blissful Silence (Josh)

Go down

Blissful Silence (Josh) Empty Blissful Silence (Josh)

Post by Guest Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:38 am

Azalea was a woman of silence, the desire for alone time was constantly nagging at her mind, as well as all of her invention ideas. She escaped the common room, her little sister having started the art of gossiping with people in her year and it bothered Azalea, disrupting her and her thoughts so she stuck close to the walls, practically gliding to her destination. She didn't get seen, her fingers trailing against the Castle Walls and with a smile, the study area met her eyes.

As much as Azalea loved the Library, the smell of books and the feel of a warm fire had to be some of her favourite things, it became other people's sanctuary and the word 'Study' most definitely seemed to repulse people so the room slowly became her hideaway. "Wonderful.." She murmured to herself, taking her place on the floor next to the fireplace and began pulling out various metallic animals, her current one being a Swallow. With a clang, her tools fell out of her bag and she knew she could be as loud as possible as no one really came into the Study room so she scrambled her tools, having always seemed unorganised but she knew where everything was. She lived chaotically to the point where it was comfortable and easy to work around. 

Grabbing a small screwdriver, she pulled out a tiny metal heart and used the screwdriver to open the flap where the heart goes, only to then simply 'plug' the heart in. Soon, a golden liquid that would work like blood began to pump around the body and she settled it to the side, nervously double checking for any parts she missed. She then noticed a leak, a gasp ripping itself from her throat and she leaped forward towards the swallow and began fixing it, so it no longer leaked.

Back to top Go down

Blissful Silence (Josh) Empty Re: Blissful Silence (Josh)

Post by Guest Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:21 pm

Of course, she was wrong on that front. Josh had grown accustomed to using the study room as of late. He'd been using it as one of the spots to practice his Potions when the dungeons were crowded, since he repeatedly had blown up potions in the Common Room and couldn't practice them there anymore. He'd gotten so used to using these out of the way, sparsely populated spots, that he decided to just use them for studying as well in peace and quiet.

He'd been in an out of the way section of the study hall when he heard a loud clang. With the first tests coming up, the blonde would raise a brow as he would get to his feet, leaving the books at the table for a moment as he went to go investigate..

Weird... Wasn't this place empty?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:39 pm

Azalea was so absorbed into the work that the sounds of footsteps hadn't met her ears even though she's usually so aware of her surroundings and finally, she had completed fixing the Swallow. She blew onto it, seeing small twitch in it's swing and the golden liquid pump faster and faster. She watched as it took off into the air, having breathed life into the metal work and it fluttered around the entire room, latching onto the sight of Josh.

It tugged at Josh's clothing and attempted to pull him over towards Azalea, before it returned to its creator. She giggled at it pecking and rubbing at her cheeks, gently throwing it into the air and it continued to scope the area right after it dropped a piece of fabric from Josh's clothing in front of her. "Oh my...Who's here then?" She said out loud and began to investigate herself, only to jump at the sight of Josh from one of the corners. She gripped at her chest and closed her eyes, a lopsided smile on her lips. "Forgive me. I hadn't realised someone else was here."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:54 pm

Okay, he hadn't exactly been expecting for a mechanical bird to latch onto him. Josh's eyes would widen and he was about to swat at it when it would tear a bit off his uniform, before it would fly away. "Fucking bird... What in the blue hell was that?" He would ask, as the owl that was perched at Josh's desk, having decided to visit him instead of sitting in the owlery, would glare at the mechanical bird.

But soon enough, a woman would make her appearance known, and Josh would blink as she jumped. But he would soon enough return the smile and nod when she explained. "Fair enough, love. I don't see people much either, myself. I try to study in peace and quiet here, so I don't disturb anyone" The blonde would explain on his end, as the owl seemed to be contemplating eating the mechanical bird.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:47 pm

Azalea had heard the grumble, just before the bumping into the man which had been the reason of why she got startled; she hadn't expected him to be so close. She smiled, his own being quite pleasant and reassuring that he was a good person. It made her comfortable and she tucked her hands in front of her, only to feel her mechanical bird rest upon her shoulder. That's when she noticed the torn clothing.

"Oh fuck! I am so sorry. It's hard to control them, they start to have a mind of their own." Azalea apologised, a furious blush upon her cheeks and she stroked the bird's head, pulling out her wand and the torn fabric in her hand began to connect to the man's clothing when she uttered the repair charm. "That's why I come here, so there is no way things like that can happen. Temperamental things, honestly." She said apologetically, smiling bashfully and she put the bird to her mouth, it tweeting away musically and she sucked in a breath, a smoky substance leaving the bird and it became lifeless once more. "I must work on that.."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:00 pm

Josh would scratch his head as he would note the bird with the torn fabric from his shirt. He would allow her to repair it, smiling and nodding in thanks. "Thanks" He would remark in turn. "Geez, those things pull hard though. You build them yourself then? Or just animate them?" The blonde would inquire curiously in turn.

Ozzy would land on Josh's shoulder and watch the bird, then watched as the mechanical bird would become lifeless once more, letting out a curious but also rather annoyed hoot, as the owl had been intending to throttle the thing for what it had done.

"Still, I didn't know anyone came here except maybe to study up when they think nobody's around" Josh would add with a light chuckle. "It's what I do, anyway."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:57 pm

Azalea beamed a grin when he thanked her, shrugging out with a bashful smile as it was her fault it was torn in the first place. "I do both...I love creating mechanical anything really but animals are the best to create and I have the ability to...breathe life into my own creations. I've tried doing it to other things but it's never worked. I have a theory that if I mend something, even if it's not what I created, that I may be able to do it there but I have yet to test it." She rambled, before drifting off at the sight of the owl.

Azalea laughed lightly and reached into her pocket, having not long ago visited her own owl and gave the owl a treat. "Sorry, darling but I'd quite like to keep my bird." Azalea cooed to the bird, giving it another treat before pausing. "I'm so sorry, I didn't even ask if it's alright to feed your Owl. Honestly, I have no idea where my head is at sometimes." She scolded herself and pulled herself away, tucking her hands back into her pockets. "Yes, but people prefer the library but it's been getting louder and louder as of late, I can barely think, hence why I come here. I assume, the reason is the same for you?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:02 pm

"An ability, huh?" He would inquire with a light tilt of his head. A Witch with the ability to breathe life into things she made, whether mechanically or otherwise... And apparently, even take that life away. It was an interesting thing to think about and he was certainly curious about it. Just what was this woman all about, and where did she attain such power? Josh wasn't anything special, really, so he could admit to a bit of envy, but his curious side was more evident and more at the forefront in this instance. He didn't hold it against her, he was more curious about how she got it, and what she could do with it if she set her mind to it.

Ozzy would seem to accept the peace offering in the form of a treat, and Josh would shrug to her apology. "The treats they give him here are shit anyway, so I'm sure he appreciates them. I don't mind" He remarked with a light chuckle as Ozzy would nibble on the treat. When she would inquire about the library and their present location, the blonde would nod in return.

"Yeah, more or less."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:53 pm

Azalea was incredibly proud of her gift, having made her first creation when she was six and discovered her powers. She couldn't remember why she breathed life into her creation but once she had, the small butterfly just kept on flying and flying around her room as she didn't know how to make it stop. It took about a month of research, the young girl being incredibly smart and figured out how; Simply suck the life out.

The shrug at her apology made her smile, it being so easily dismissed that it made Azalea quite happy. "I know, I visit the Owlery often and feed them there, in hopes that it makes them happier." She admitted. Despite being a slytherin that likes to hurt people and taste their blood, she was quite sweet to animals and her creations. "I've disrupted your learning...Would you like me to leave you to it? I can leave altogether so my creations don't terrorise you again." She said jokingly, giving him a lopsided grin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:53 am

He was certainly curious about her gift - he'd have to question her about it when he had the opportunity. Though he had to question why she sucked the life from them when she was done with them - instead of training them as though they were sentient. As it really did seem as though they were sentient.

"Well, that's a relief. At least Ozzy's getting decent care from SOMEONE" He remarked with a light chuckle. To her next question, he shook his head. "It's fine, love. I got a good deal out" He would explain, shrugging casually in turn. "Besides" He began as he would place a finger on her chin, tipping her head up to look at him, with a playful glint in his eye. "How could I pass up the company of someone with your looks?" The blonde would tease with a light chuckle before he would lower his hand. She could tease - but he could do it better.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:05 am

Azalea smiled towards the owl and back towards Josh, blushing slightly at the term of endearment. "I'm glad, I'd hate to be the reason someone is being disrupted. I myself hate being disrupted." She admitted and stared down to the ground, lightly touching at her robes. It was only then when he lifted up her grin and made him look at her that she felt her stomach flutter. She certainly wasn't used to this kind of attention, unless it was forced and in the bedroom. An act of just pure want, not need. "You flatter me but I do hope you're not just into looks. That'd be awful of you." She quipped and spun on her heels, about to go back to where she was sat before nudging at his hand. "Come on, I don't want to be standing around. Sit with me and entertain me." Azalea wasn't always this forward, far from it but as time went on, she grew lonelier and lonelier that a little company was welcomed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:07 am

Well, she certainly seemed quite receptive to the term of endearment, and moreso when it came to the flirtation. "Well, you're certainly not disrupting. Actually, I think my night got better with you around" He teased back, with a light chuckle. 

"Of course I'm not just into looks. I only care if they're beautiful inside and out. And you seem to be both" The blonde would tease, heavily temped when she would turn to smack that - admittedly quite cute - ass of hers when she turned, with the way their teasing had gone. But as they had just met, he would hold off on that for the time being.

"Entertain you? And what, pray tell, do you mean?" He teased with a smirk as he would head after her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:30 am

Azalea smiled bashfully at his comment, staring down at the floor and she remembered him lifting her chin, the memory from only a second ago made her lift up her own head. "Thank you.." She smiled, enjoying the fact that he called her beautiful inside and out. As they walked over to her seating area, she couldn't help but glance back at him and as she did, she noticed his gaze on her ass and she smirked.

"I meant talking to me, but whatever is in your wicked mind could be considered." Azalea quipped, packing up all of her tools so they weren't in the way and she sat beside the fire. "I haven't introduced myself. I'm Azalea Rosier. Sixth year Slytherin and you?" She asked, raising her eyebrow. She stated her house as she wasn't wearing her uniform, having opted for leggings and a baggy jumper with no colouration towards any of the houses.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:48 pm

"Thank -you- for providing such wonderful company" The blonde would tease in turn with a laugh as they walked. Oh, he knew she knew he was staring. He liked it better that way - there were no secrets between them that way. Well, maybe a few... But it was a start. Josh hadn't lied to her so far though.

"Well, maybe I'll mention in time if I have any ideas. But I'm certainly open to suggestions" He would crack, chuckling again. "Beautiful name. Josh Dragomir, Gryffindor" He would respond, holding out a hand to shake. He wasn't wearing his own uniform either.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:42 am

Azalea smiled and nodded in her head, in agreement with him. The company between the two of them was something she found incredibly pleasant. She didn't usually talk to people, the only company she ever desired was from her family and creations. She fell into the armchair and gestured for him to sit down as well, beside her.

"Men usually jump on the chance when women claim they're open to anything. It's refreshing to see that not everyone is like that." She said and blushed faintly at his compliment about her name and shook his hand, finding herself comparing it to her brother's. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Josh." She said honestly, smiling sweetly and conjured up some drinks for them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:02 pm

Josh had been dealing with less company this year. Keeping out of trouble while working on his grades in order to graduate and become an Auror was his primary concern right now. But at the moment, he didn't mind Azalea's company. She was enjoyable company for sure, unlike many others, and he doubted that she'd be a problem. So he didn't mind her company at all, hopefully he'd be able to see more of her in the coming year.

He stuck his tongue at her when she made her comment. "Well, you haven't asked about doing anything beyond the norm" He teased back with a light chuckle as he would Accio his bag and books over to the table.

"A pleasure, indeed."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:38 pm

Azalea held onto her flavoured tea, cupping it in her hands and allowed the warmth to tingle at her calloused fingertips, the scent of raspberries filling her nose. It was pleasant and relaxing, often drinking these kind of teas when she needs to settle down. And with the company she was in, she doubted that it would take long for her to relax. The slytherin hoped that they'd see more of each other as he seemed incredibly pleasant.

Azalea giggled, her hand covering her mouth as she laughed at him sticking out her tongue. He was fun and cheeky, someone who Azalea didn't usually see herself friends with as she was quiet, somber and too socially awkward to even spend time with someone so bright. "For now, let us converse," Azalea gestured with her hand towards him. "I desire to know more about you."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:47 pm

Ozzy had appeared to have finally calmed down after he had been frazzled by the appearance of the wooden bird, and he would pitter around looking for crumbs as the two would converse. Josh would take a drink of water from the canteen he'd brought with him for while he was studying as she spoke.

"Well, there isn't much to say" He would admit with a light chuckle. "My name is Josh Dragomir, I'm a Gryffindor in my second year, and I come from a pureblooded family. Not really all that important. I was hoping to follow in my father's footsteps and become an Auror when I'm finished here" He would explain.

"And you? I mean sure, you asked for mine, but I'd rather know about you. What's behind that pretty face?" The blonde would tease with a playful little smile.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:42 pm

Azalea beamed at the sight of the owl, finding herself to be happier at the presence of an animal and she conjured up a bowl, pouring owl treats into it and turned her quill into a stand so Ozzy was comfortable. "Much better." She said kindly, wanting the owl and its owner to be as comfortable as possible. It was also because using magic made her feel more relaxed, liking the way her wand felt in her hand.

She was pleased, knowing that her assumptions were correct and that for his house, he was definitely a noble man. The Auror profession was one she admired, and partly feared. She had an obsession, one with blood and the feeling of harming and knew with time, would advance onto being worse and having a possible Auror as a friend, just provided a bit of danger. "Honourable profession and the mention of hoping to follow in your father's footsteps, suggests that you do not believe you will?" Azalea had to analyse as it was all she ever did.

"Well, I am Azalea Rosier. I am in my sixth year and I have a twin brother, Ajax. And a little sister named Odette and she is also a second year slytherin. We're both in Slytherin and like you, we're a pureblooded family. However, we do take quite a bit of pride in our blood status. I am an inventor, and I have to admit, it helps that I have Photographic memory but not only remembering sights, I remember scents and tastes. I know many languages and I can read body language and facial expressions. But not only do I love inventing, I am obsessed with antiques and have quite the collection." Azalea rambled, reaching out and stroking Ozzy's feathery little chest before looking over at Josh with a faint dusting of pink on her cheeks. "Forgive me, I do ramble a lot once someone gives me the opportunity to do so and I am not exactly focused, I have trouble doing so. A flaw of mine." She laughed to herself, smiling softly and met Josh's eyes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:10 pm

That seemed to make Ozzy quite happy, and the owl would look up at her gratefully before pitter pattering oward the conjured up bowl and flying onto the stand before chowing down. "Looks like he was hungry" Josh would remark with a light chuckle. "Thank you."

"Well, it's a toss-up, no?" He would add when she mentioned the "hope" part of his aspirations. "The academic requirement is crazy high, and it's very difficult to pass the training. Only few may hope to get in. I'm gonna try my best, but well... It's all up to chance, really."

He would then listen with a smile as he would listen to her talk about herself. When she would stop, he shook his head. "Oh no, it's fine. It's good to hear about people instead of them just wanting to get to what they want from you early on" He joked in turn with a light chuckle.

"You intend to do inventing for a living then?"

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down