Running Up That Hill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
RPG Rating 3 2 3 Top RP Sites

I forgot my password

current time
October 2021
welcome
Back to school time! Professor Riddle is now Headmaster, and plenty of changes await Hogwarts students new and returning.
updates
latest posts
Lakeesha Miller
Cernunnos Largo / Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:26 pm
British Face Claim
Marisol Herrera / Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:56 pm
Birthday Masterlist
Aubrey Cartwright / Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:53 am
Claim a Badge!
Aubrey Cartwright / Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:51 am
Dorm List
Aubrey Cartwright / Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:47 am
Aubrey Cartwright
Hyacinth Macmillan / Wed Jul 05, 2023 6:16 pm
Sofia Tyler
Sofia Tyler / Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:39 pm
practice makes perfect [sibby]
Siobhan Finnigan / Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:34 pm
Marisol Herrera
Marisol Herrera / Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:55 am
Job Claims
Carmenita Santiago / Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:55 pm
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 396 on Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:49 pm
Top posters
James Potter (1659)
dreary news (Orion) Emptydreary news (Orion) Emptydreary news (Orion) Empty 
Alayna Rowle (914)
Louis Weasley (898)
Cherry Darling (685)
Carina Malfoy (677)
Lien Chang (634)
Hyacinth Macmillan (575)
Harrison Jetson (523)
Mackenzie Riddle (474)
Indigo Macmillan (458)

Credits
Skin made and designed by Xaria with the help of Necromancer Coding. The Switcheroo is by Monomer. Badges on the site were sourced from Flaticon on a premium subscription. Images used throughout the site are from Unsplash. The Harry Potter universe was created by JK Rowling and is co-owned by Warner Bros. No copyright infringement is intended.

dreary news (Orion)

2 posters

Go down

Astrid Eriksson

dreary news (Orion) Empty dreary news (Orion)

Post by Astrid Eriksson Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:54 pm

Astrid had known that it would happen. She had known since she was a toddler that she would eventually be betrothed to someone of her father’s choosing. It was the way of their family and she had always accepted it. Just as Vidar was expected to take over their father’s businesses one day, she was meant to be married to strengthen the bonds between their family and another of equal esteem. And she had done so well not becoming attached to anyone who she might flirt with. She hadn’t even let herself become at all physical with anyone because it was against the rules. A simple kiss to the cheek was all she had allowed. But now that it was all coming to pass, she found herself disappointed. She liked Orion a lot and despite the fact that she had warned him from the beginning that they would eventually have to quit seeing each other, she hadn’t expected it to be so soon. Though, she knew what she had to do. That didn’t make it any easier as a few years had escaped when she had sent him a Crystal message asking him to meet her at the tea shop. She couldn’t keep leading him on, not when she knew that the time had come. Luckily, she had been able to compose herself before she had left the house, making her appearance as flawless as normal with a little work so that she wouldn’t draw any of the wrong attention. She was sitting at a quaint little table as she waited for Orion to join her.

@Orion Black
Slytherin Sixth Year
Astrid Eriksson
Mini Ava :
dreary news (Orion) Tumblr_nzkr81MlqW1uceks3o6_400
Alias :
Kacie
Nickname :
Astrid
Student
sexual orientation :
Heterosexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Rosie Tupper
partner pic :
dreary news (Orion) 000000
Slytherin
Pisces
Transfer Student

Back to top Go down

Orion Black

dreary news (Orion) Empty Re: dreary news (Orion)

Post by Orion Black Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:58 pm

Orion was worried from Astrids texts. He made his way to the shop and saw that something was deeply troubling her. He took a seat beside her and took her hand in his, brushing his lips to her knuckles, "What's wrong, dear?" Whatever it was that had her upset, he would destroy it with his bare hands if it made her smile, "I can't hear to see you upset like this." 

@Astrid Eriksson
Gryffindor Sixth Year
Orion Black
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Sydney
Nickname :
Text
Text
sexual orientation :
Text
blood purity :
Text
partner pic :

Back to top Go down

Astrid Eriksson

Post by Astrid Eriksson Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:07 pm

Astrid tried her best to act as if nothing was bothering her. She tried to appear to be just as serene as she might ever be. No one else seemed to notice anything was amiss. At least not until Orion came in and took the seat across the little table from her. Of course, he would catch on to her distress immediately. She had to convince him she wasn’t upset at all. She had to be that girl she had always been and carry out her duties as was expected of her ”Im not upset… maybe a little caught off guard.” she tried to say as cheerfully as she could muster, trying to place what she hoped he would see as a genuine smile on her lips, even if it was far from it. ”My father came home from his business trip this morning with news. He has decided on my betrothed.” no sense in beating around the bush, she just gave him the news then fell silent to see how he would take it.

@Orion Black
Slytherin Sixth Year
Astrid Eriksson
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Kacie
Nickname :
Astrid
Student
sexual orientation :
Heterosexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Rosie Tupper
partner pic :
Slytherin
Pisces
Transfer Student

Back to top Go down

Orion Black

Post by Orion Black Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:45 pm

Orion's face fell into a frown as he looked at her, "Already? Surely there must be something we can do..." His voice was low now and filled with depression, "I don't want to lose you..." He sighed and looked at her, "Maybe I could speak to your father?" He could convince him he was worthy of Astrid. 

@Astrid Eriksson
Gryffindor Sixth Year
Orion Black
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Sydney
Nickname :
Text
Text
sexual orientation :
Text
blood purity :
Text
partner pic :

Back to top Go down

Astrid Eriksson

Post by Astrid Eriksson Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:50 pm

Astrid felt herself completely deflating when she saw the look on his face when she had told him the news. She had tried to seem upbeat and positive, like she wanted nothing more than to be betrothed to whoever her father had chosen. She had expected him to congratulate her and tell her good luck with the rest of her life but instead, his words cut deep. They went straight to her heart. No one had ever said they didn’t want to lose her before. She frowned as he spoke. ”We always knew that this was going to happen. We were living on borrowed time…” she said, knowing that if her father’s mind was made up that there would be no changing it. It would look bad on their family if they pulled out of the arrangement. ”if the arrangements have already been made then I don’t think it would do any good.” she said sadly.

@Orion Black
Slytherin Sixth Year
Astrid Eriksson
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Kacie
Nickname :
Astrid
Student
sexual orientation :
Heterosexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Rosie Tupper
partner pic :
Slytherin
Pisces
Transfer Student

Back to top Go down

Orion Black

Post by Orion Black Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:20 pm

Orion shook his head, "No. Please, excuse me language, but screw that. I know it hasn't been lonlong between us, but I know I want to be with you. If I can not persuade your father, then I shall challenge this other person to a duel. No honorable man would back down from a duel. And when i defeat him, I shall ask your father for your hand." He took her hand in his and smiled at her, "I won't give up easily, my love." 

@Astrid Eriksson
Gryffindor Sixth Year
Orion Black
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Sydney
Nickname :
Text
Text
sexual orientation :
Text
blood purity :
Text
partner pic :

Back to top Go down

Astrid Eriksson

Post by Astrid Eriksson Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:47 pm

Astrid actually gasped when he made his declaration. He would actually duel her betrothed for a chance at her hand. Never did she expect someone to care about her so much. She had resigned to the idea that when she married it would be for duty, so she was cared for and still brought benefits to her family. She never thought it might be for love. She actually had it in her mind that love was all an illusion made up by those lesser than them to explain away their bad choices. But Orion was not a bad choice. He was from a good family and if what he said was true, he truly cared about her and would do anything to be with her. ”you would do that just for a chance to be with me? I never thought that marriage would be for anything but duty. That was what I was raised to believe. It almost seems unbelievable that I could be married for something more.” she said the last part softly, not able to look him on the eye as he admitted it. ”It could turn into some sort of a scandal though, depending on who he is. My father hasn’t given me that information yet.” She didn’t want to give in to false hope.

@Orion Black
Slytherin Sixth Year
Astrid Eriksson
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Kacie
Nickname :
Astrid
Student
sexual orientation :
Heterosexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Rosie Tupper
partner pic :
Slytherin
Pisces
Transfer Student

Back to top Go down

Orion Black

Post by Orion Black Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:22 pm

"No. I would do it a million times over for just one shot to be with you." He reached out and stroked her hair back and cupped her cheek, "It can be so much more. We don't even hahave to the duel. Say the word and I shall take you to my family safe house. We can run away together if you only asked. But either way, I will be by your side and fight for you, until you say the words 'I do.'" he chuckled at her worries, "I do not fear a scandal including my name. My grandfather was a part of quite a few of them when he was my age. Alas, if you ask meme to secede I shall do so without hesitation. But only if it is what you truly wish, princess " 

@Astrid Eriksson
Gryffindor Sixth Year
Orion Black
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Sydney
Nickname :
Text
Text
sexual orientation :
Text
blood purity :
Text
partner pic :

Back to top Go down

Astrid Eriksson

Post by Astrid Eriksson Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:14 am

Astrid could feel her cheeks heat up a bit at his words, it wasn't embarrassment that colored her skin though but maybe something akin to exhilaration. Not only was he willing to fight for her if she allowed it but he would be willing to hide away at some safe house for an undetermined amount of time with her so they wouldn't have to be apart. He reached out to her and she leaned her heated cheek into his caress. It all sounded so nice but in the end, she was duty bound. "I would love nothing more than to just run away together but I cannot leave everyone behind. My brother needs me, even if he thinks he does not. He would muck everything up if I wasn't here to make sure he remembers that there is more to life than just work." Her brother was only part of it, but she loved her family and her friends and knew that she wasn't the type of girl who could just run away. Even if the idea sounded appealing. It was her turn then to reach out and take his hand in hers as he agreed that if she so wished it that he would secede. She couldn't help the slight quiver in her bottom lip at the thought of never getting to spend time like this with him again. "I know asking you to do so would be the right thing to do. But maybe I'm selfish and ungrateful of all my father has ever given me because none of it looks all that grand anymore if it means I have to enjoy it without you." It was a sappy sentiment and one she never thought she would ever have but knowing that someone would actually fight for you did something to a girl, it seemed and all of her resolve had gone out the window.

@Orion Black
Slytherin Sixth Year
Astrid Eriksson
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Kacie
Nickname :
Astrid
Student
sexual orientation :
Heterosexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Rosie Tupper
partner pic :
Slytherin
Pisces
Transfer Student

Back to top Go down

Orion Black

Post by Orion Black Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:12 am

Orion sighed and nodded, he understood that for the most part, he couldn't just abandon Maia. She would be a wreck without him, "I'm sure that girlfriend of his could keep him on track. But I understand. So no running away, looks like I'm going to have myself a duel for my lady then." He held her hand tightly and looked at her, "Selfish and ungrateful are two words I could never use to describe you." He took her chin in his finger tips and leaned forward to kiss her gently, "I apologize for such forwardness. I couldn't imagine having never done that if things go differently than I hope." 

@Astrid Eriksson
Gryffindor Sixth Year
Orion Black
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Sydney
Nickname :
Text
Text
sexual orientation :
Text
blood purity :
Text
partner pic :

Back to top Go down

Astrid Eriksson

Post by Astrid Eriksson Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:58 pm

Astrid let out a huff of laughter when he mentioned Carina keeping him on track. ”I wish that were true but she takes his extreme work schedule as him not wanting to spend time with her. He would lose her if not for me.” she said with a sigh. She knew it was true, her brother would ruin everything if she didn’t make him step back from time to time. ”I still hate the idea of you having to go to such lengths for me” okay, maybe she didn’t… but what if he got hurt during the duel? Not everyone would play fair and while she didn’t question his abilities, she would still feel bad if something happened to him during the duel. She started to turn her head from him demurely when he complimented her but his fingers were under her chin and he was leaning forward. His lips gently brushed her own and then they were gone. She looked at him with shock written all over her face and her cheeks burning a bright shade of pink. ”We shall just hope things go in our favor then.” she said, a small smile coming to her lips. It was merely a quick kiss but it would be the first she had taken part in as she had since she had kept herself so guarded. Had he been anyone else, she probably would have slapped him but she didn’t. No, not him.

@Orion Black
Slytherin Sixth Year
Astrid Eriksson
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Kacie
Nickname :
Astrid
Student
sexual orientation :
Heterosexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Rosie Tupper
partner pic :
Slytherin
Pisces
Transfer Student

Back to top Go down

Orion Black

Post by Orion Black Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:06 pm

Orion chuckled, "Yes. Carina is a bit narrow minded at times. But she is my cousin, and I love her none the less." He sighed and looked at her, "I would not go to such lengths for any other woman. I just hope you know that. I'm quite taken with you and I don't plan to let you go any time soon. I know you probably worry for me, but I know you are worth the risk." He smiled at her and nodded, "I am sure they will. Are you hungry, dear? Have you eaten?" 

@Astrid Eriksson
Gryffindor Sixth Year
Orion Black
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Sydney
Nickname :
Text
Text
sexual orientation :
Text
blood purity :
Text
partner pic :

Back to top Go down

Astrid Eriksson

Post by Astrid Eriksson Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:50 pm

"Oh, I did not mean to speak poorly of her by any means! Carina is one of my dearest friends. She just doesn't quite know my brother like I do yet and still needs me to prod him every now and again." She said, not wanting him to think she thought poorly of Carina in any way. Astrid was thoroughly flattered by his speech. She wasn't sure what made her so special to him, it's not like she had ever been considered so special to anyone before, but she didn't ask. "I do worry for you, mainly because I do not know who it is you will be dueling. I haven't a single idea aside from that my father said he had found the perfect suitor for me. I couldn't bring myself to tell him he was wrong, even if I know he is." Because she was pretty sure that her perfect suitor was sitting right across from her. A small nod was given. "I was unable to eat after hearing the news earlier. So now that you ask, I am a bit peckish." She said, feeling just a bit more at ease than she had since the announcement.

@Orion Black
Slytherin Sixth Year
Astrid Eriksson
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Kacie
Nickname :
Astrid
Student
sexual orientation :
Heterosexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Rosie Tupper
partner pic :
Slytherin
Pisces
Transfer Student

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down