Running Up That Hill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
RPG Rating 3 2 3 Top RP Sites

I forgot my password

current time
October 2021
welcome
Back to school time! Professor Riddle is now Headmaster, and plenty of changes await Hogwarts students new and returning.
updates
latest posts
Lakeesha Miller
Cernunnos Largo / Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:26 pm
British Face Claim
Marisol Herrera / Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:56 pm
Birthday Masterlist
Aubrey Cartwright / Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:53 am
Claim a Badge!
Aubrey Cartwright / Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:51 am
Dorm List
Aubrey Cartwright / Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:47 am
Aubrey Cartwright
Hyacinth Macmillan / Wed Jul 05, 2023 6:16 pm
Sofia Tyler
Sofia Tyler / Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:39 pm
practice makes perfect [sibby]
Siobhan Finnigan / Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:34 pm
Marisol Herrera
Marisol Herrera / Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:55 am
Job Claims
Carmenita Santiago / Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:55 pm
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 396 on Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:49 pm
Top posters
James Potter (1659)
Mama dearest EmptyMama dearest EmptyMama dearest Empty 
Alayna Rowle (914)
Louis Weasley (898)
Cherry Darling (685)
Carina Malfoy (677)
Lien Chang (634)
Hyacinth Macmillan (575)
Harrison Jetson (523)
Mackenzie Riddle (474)
Indigo Macmillan (458)

Credits
Skin made and designed by Xaria with the help of Necromancer Coding. The Switcheroo is by Monomer. Badges on the site were sourced from Flaticon on a premium subscription. Images used throughout the site are from Unsplash. The Harry Potter universe was created by JK Rowling and is co-owned by Warner Bros. No copyright infringement is intended.

Mama dearest

2 posters

Go down

Poppy Macmillan

Mama dearest Empty Mama dearest

Post by Poppy Macmillan Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:31 pm

Poppy had owled her mother and asked her to come to her home and see her and bond a little. Poppy made sweets for the occasion and even made a fresh kettle of tea. The young blonde girl wanted to have some sort of company with her wife not being there. It was still odd to say sometimes since she fucked up, like she truly fucked up. But getting to know Elysia these past couple of months was something no one would be able to take away from her. Her wife was definitely different.. Really different. She hunted for a living and to say it was amazing would be an understatement, now Poppy did find it very attractive and that was enough for her. Poppy smiled a little at the thought of her before she continued to place the sweets and the placement of tea on her coffee table before sitting on her sofa and waiting for her mama. Besides Mary she did find herself close to the woman who birthed her even if she did screw up which she was still paying for.

@Acacia MacMillan
Adult
Poppy Macmillan
Mini Ava :
Mama dearest Tumblr_n2nfntcsMV1szxfwno1_250
Alias :
Caroline
Nickname :
Text
bartender
sexual orientation :
Bisexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
partner pic :
Mama dearest QjVBCIr
Made 100 Posts

Back to top Go down

Acacia Macmillan

Mama dearest Empty Re: Mama dearest

Post by Acacia Macmillan Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:50 pm

Acacia was joyed to have the chance to hang out with one of her daughters outside of the recent holidays; they worked so often, and she was saddened that she hadn't gotten to spend personal time with them as much as her sons. Even though it had been months since she learned Poppy had gotten married with anyone knowing, she was still surprised by the revelation. Maybe she was frightened by the fact that her children were all grown-up now. Time flew so quickly...

As usual, she dressed herself prim, proper, and presentable with a dainty bracelet being the statement piece for her outfit. Acacia took pride in how she took care of herself even if it was reminiscent of a fifties housewife. She apparated to the front door of Poppy's home and knocked the door.

@Poppy Macmillan
Adult
Acacia Macmillan
Mini Ava :
Mama dearest Tumblr_pwi6y4Riah1r4wxjco5_r1_400
Alias :
xaria
Nickname :
Text
housewife
sexual orientation :
heterosexual
blood purity :
pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Geena Davis
partner pic :
Mama dearest 000000

Back to top Go down

Poppy Macmillan

Post by Poppy Macmillan Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:11 pm

Poppy simply waited and waited and then she heard the door being knocked on and she knew who that was. It was her beautiful and proper mother, something Poppy had gotten from her mother a bit, Poppy was a delicate flower and she was always trying to be the good girl who her mother raised, but she was definitely not a good girl when she got drunk and got married. Her mother was someone special and she knew that she had probably disappointed her. Smoothing down her skirt before going to answer her door.

Opening her door and seeing her gorgeous mother standing there, it made her smile and she gave her mother a proper hug before she stepped back and allowed her mother to enter. "I am happy for you to come mother" she said with a grateful smile.

@Acacia MacMillan
Adult
Poppy Macmillan
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Caroline
Nickname :
Text
bartender
sexual orientation :
Bisexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
partner pic :
Mama dearest QjVBCIr
Made 100 Posts

Back to top Go down

Acacia Macmillan

Post by Acacia Macmillan Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:25 pm

"Oh, Poppy! It's so nice to see you!" Acacia entered with a wide smile as she opened her arms for a brief embrace. "I'm so grateful we were able to get together so quickly after Christmas." Christmas was interesting as it was completely thrown off by one of the Weasley boys getting married that day. It was a good thing she was able to save the feast for the following evening.

Looking around, she noticed the amount of care her daughter had put into this little get-together. "How have you been, sweetie?"

@Poppy Macmillan
Adult
Acacia Macmillan
Mini Ava :
Alias :
xaria
Nickname :
Text
housewife
sexual orientation :
heterosexual
blood purity :
pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Geena Davis
partner pic :
Mama dearest 000000

Back to top Go down

Poppy Macmillan

Post by Poppy Macmillan Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:16 pm

Poppy felt at home whenever her mother was around, she felt like the world could be forgotten because it was just the two of them in this day and in this time. Her mother was that beacon of light in their family, its most likely the reason they never fell apart.. because she was still around. "I'm happy to see you too mom! Definitely needed this mother/daughter time" Poppy mentioned to her, wanting her to know she appreciated their time together.

Leading her into the living room. "Christmas seems like eons away, too hectic" she laughed a little but holidays and get togethers in the Macmillan family was always hectic. "I made sweets and tea, help yourself mother" she gestured to her coffee table. "I've been good, been either working or with Elysia. How have you been mother? How's daddy?" Poppy asked, always loving her father.

@Acacia Macmillan
Adult
Poppy Macmillan
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Caroline
Nickname :
Text
bartender
sexual orientation :
Bisexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
partner pic :
Mama dearest QjVBCIr
Made 100 Posts

Back to top Go down

Acacia Macmillan

Post by Acacia Macmillan Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:29 pm

Her house looked quite nice even if she had to overlook some questionable objects that were lying around. Must've been her wife's...

"You know you can always send me an owl if you want to spend time, even if it's just for a quick cup of tea." Acacia still hadn't gotten a hang of the crystal thing yet. Perhaps she was a tad too old fashioned to quickly adapt. "Thank you, sweetie." The tea and the little snacks smelled nice. "I see you learned a thing from your dear mother." She giggled before summoning herself a warm cup of tea and a scone.

"He's been well. The Ministry is stressful as always, but the auror department has been struggling a bit since Harrison retired. Two of my babies at the Ministry working with their father..."

She began tearing up. Some days she wished her children could just stay little forever, but it was important that they got to experience the real world to help the next generation.

@Poppy Macmillan
Adult
Acacia Macmillan
Mini Ava :
Alias :
xaria
Nickname :
Text
housewife
sexual orientation :
heterosexual
blood purity :
pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Geena Davis
partner pic :
Mama dearest 000000

Back to top Go down

Poppy Macmillan

Post by Poppy Macmillan Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:20 pm

Poppy observed her mother as she took a look around the house that was of Poppy and didn't know what the read on her features were but Poppy ignored them. Not wanting to question her mother judging her for her taste in design. Not that her mother would.. right?

"I am happy you say that mother, I always loved spending time with you even if it was for a quick chat. You've always been a good mother" Poppy adored her, loved her and was admired by her. At times Poppy could see why her mother was the way she was but then there were the times where Poppy questioned if she really was the daughter of Acacia Macmillan. Only because Poppy didn't fully follow in those footsteps. Smiling at the compliment from her mother. "I know I've learned a lot from you, you were always my favorite teacher" Poppy admitted.

Poppy sometimes thinks that her job is not as important but it did pay the bills. "The Ministry is definitely a good place of work, a lot of responsibility as well" which is why Poppy didn't go that route. Wanting to make sure that if someone died on her watch it didn't get put on her.

@Acacia MacMillan
Adult
Poppy Macmillan
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Caroline
Nickname :
Text
bartender
sexual orientation :
Bisexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
partner pic :
Mama dearest QjVBCIr
Made 100 Posts

Back to top Go down

Acacia Macmillan

Post by Acacia Macmillan Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:22 pm

Her heart melted when she was told that she was a good mother. Acacia was so grateful that her children didn't resent her. She did try her best to be the best mother she could, that was why she spent all those years at home while Ernest was the breadwinner of the family. She was very proud of all of them even if her sons constantly bicker about career choices. All that mattered to her was that her babies were happy and healthy!

"It is, very much. Your father worked so hard when you five were children so we could give you the best childhoods we could. We were forced to see the horrors of war so young, the least that we could do was to make sure you witnessed better than we." Unfortunately, that ended up not being the case as a result of last year's horrific scene. "I was so terrified when I heard about Hogsmeade..." She was getting sentimental. It was hard for her not to being a mother.

"When Indigo was able to save you, Mary, and Macmillan, I was so grateful. I didn't have to worry about Aster as he was still across the pond..." Tears were definitely pouring out of her eyes now just thinking of the entire incident. "Excuse me." Acacia pulled out her handkerchief and lightly patted around her eyes and cheeks.

@Poppy Macmillan
Adult
Acacia Macmillan
Mini Ava :
Alias :
xaria
Nickname :
Text
housewife
sexual orientation :
heterosexual
blood purity :
pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Geena Davis
partner pic :
Mama dearest 000000

Back to top Go down

Poppy Macmillan

Post by Poppy Macmillan Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:40 pm

Poppy never truly understood how much both of her parents had sacrificed for them until she had gotten older to understand how much world changed when one became an adult. You had to fend for yourself and hope you didn't stray from a path that had been set for you by your parents. Poppy felt like at times if she strayed she would be a horrible daughter but when she did stray, she met Elysia and she was falling in love with her wife. "You both deserve our thanks over and over again, we all love you both for all the sacrifices you have made. Even if we don't show you all the time its there mama" Poppy reassured her mother.

Then when the kidnapping got brought up she reached over and hugged her mother, knowing it was probably scary to know two of your children were possibly never returning. "Mary and I, we're okay mother, we got out" their brother saved them and she had been relieved. Poppy hated seeing her mother like this, it broke her little heart.

@Acacia Macmillan
Adult
Poppy Macmillan
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Caroline
Nickname :
Text
bartender
sexual orientation :
Bisexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
partner pic :
Mama dearest QjVBCIr
Made 100 Posts

Back to top Go down

Acacia Macmillan

Post by Acacia Macmillan Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:07 pm

"I know, I know." Acacia got sentimental so easily when it came to her children. They were virtually her world; she had no clue just how different her life would've been had she not had them so soon after Hogwarts. She was, however, glad that her children weren't rushing when it came to such a major decision. She wanted them to be able to enjoy live on their own terms as long as they don't land in Azkaban as a result.

Taking a deep breath, Acacia attempted to recompose herself. She was always rather emotional which was why she wanted to work with magical creatures had life not have other plans for her. "How's, er, what's her name again?" She also wasn't that great with names of those she hardly knew or seen.

@Poppy Macmillan
Adult
Acacia Macmillan
Mini Ava :
Alias :
xaria
Nickname :
Text
housewife
sexual orientation :
heterosexual
blood purity :
pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Geena Davis
partner pic :
Mama dearest 000000

Back to top Go down

Poppy Macmillan

Post by Poppy Macmillan Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:18 pm

All Poppy could do was hold the hand of her mother and give her some reassurance that Poppy was there for her. Her mother was a brave woman and that meant so much to Poppy. Her father was brave as well for going to work everyday not knowing if his last goodbye and kisses would be the last. Poppy wanted everything for her family to get home safe and hope that they all found happiness no matter where life took them.

She gave her mother a quick squeeze before she heard her mother ask about her wife. "Elysia? She is doing good. She has been working and we have been working to making this marriage work. Just because it was done by accident why not try?" Poppy explained to her mother.

@Acacia Macmillan
Adult
Poppy Macmillan
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Caroline
Nickname :
Text
bartender
sexual orientation :
Bisexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
partner pic :
Mama dearest QjVBCIr
Made 100 Posts

Back to top Go down

Acacia Macmillan

Post by Acacia Macmillan Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:41 pm

"That's good to hear." One of these days, she was going to have to give them a nice gift basket or a spa trip. Acacia always found those to be thoughtful, especially the spa. It was important to get those knots massaged out along with a nice relaxing steam bath.

It relieved her that her daughter was trying to make the situation work out, especially with how sudden it was for everybody involved. It took some real maturity to not have to deal with all of the legal stuff to end a marriage if there was no reason too. There were many couples she knew who married young and dumb. She was one of them! But it was easy to tell who had put in the work over the years since.

"I'm to assume she's out currently?" Her wife seemed rather mysterious.

@Poppy Macmillan
Adult
Acacia Macmillan
Mini Ava :
Alias :
xaria
Nickname :
Text
housewife
sexual orientation :
heterosexual
blood purity :
pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Geena Davis
partner pic :
Mama dearest 000000

Back to top Go down

Poppy Macmillan

Post by Poppy Macmillan Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:50 pm

Poppy nodded her head, she knows that she disappointed some of her family members with this marriage, by just being stupid and getting drunk.. She didn't mean for it to happen. It had just happened and that meant she made mistakes too. Even though it was not how Poppy was as a person but it was something of who she was. Poppy was always responsible, even from a young age so she knew this was shocking to her family.

'Yes she is out" Poppy answered her mother's question. Poppy didn't know if her mother liked her wife or not but they were actually trying before just knocking it out. "I really am sorry how that came about" Poppy apologized.

@Acacia Macmillan
Adult
Poppy Macmillan
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Caroline
Nickname :
Text
bartender
sexual orientation :
Bisexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
partner pic :
Mama dearest QjVBCIr
Made 100 Posts

Back to top Go down

Acacia Macmillan

Post by Acacia Macmillan Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:02 pm

"It's okay, Poppy." Did she really think she disapproved so much? Acacia would've preferred a more traditional courtship period, but at the end of the day, she wanted her children to be happy. After all, she did raise them so they could have a better life than her and her husband. "Do you know what kind of treats she likes? I've been planning on making some truffles soon."

@Poppy Macmillan
Adult
Acacia Macmillan
Mini Ava :
Alias :
xaria
Nickname :
Text
housewife
sexual orientation :
heterosexual
blood purity :
pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Geena Davis
partner pic :
Mama dearest 000000

Back to top Go down

Poppy Macmillan

Post by Poppy Macmillan Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:12 pm

Poppy was someone who felt like she always needed some sort of approval from people, she didn't like screwing up like her little brother did. After the incident she felt like she was more like him then she had realized and it made her second guess herself here and there, it was just awful really. She loved all of her siblings equally. "I just don't like feeling like I screwed up mama, I have always felt like I could do no wrong and when I got drunk after the trauma I feel like I did just that" she did love Elysia, that much she was sure of but she would have liked to have remembered getting married. "She is more of a black licorice type of girl" knowing her wife was pretty simple.

@Acacia Macmillan
Adult
Poppy Macmillan
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Caroline
Nickname :
Text
bartender
sexual orientation :
Bisexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
partner pic :
Mama dearest QjVBCIr
Made 100 Posts

Back to top Go down

Acacia Macmillan

Post by Acacia Macmillan Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:21 pm

She wrapped her arms around her daughter and gave her a warm, caring embrace. "That's life. I married much younger than you did, and for a while I wondered if your father and I made a mistake. It ended up being worth it in the end, and I'm sure it'll be the same with you." Acacia preferred to be a glass-half-full type. It was in her nature to try and reassure her children. "What an unusual choice. I'll figure out something!" Black licorice was always a more unpopular treat.

@Poppy Macmillan
Adult
Acacia Macmillan
Mini Ava :
Alias :
xaria
Nickname :
Text
housewife
sexual orientation :
heterosexual